Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started gathering information

Hi to all,

Have the area ready to build an outdoor oven. I am gathering information on how best to proceed.
    I will do lots of reading of the posts here, before I begin.

Tom
    Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Re: Just started gathering information

just started my build this week. I was reading for months before I pulled the trigger. Make sure you download the free plans from the website. this forum is awesome for answering all of your questions. good luck

doug
    Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...land-8759.html

Member WFOAMBA

Comment

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the forum. It has been a great journey for me learning about the wood fired oven, building one, and now learning to cook in one. All projects worth the time...

If you do build one of these ovens, you are certain to learn a bunch and have some fun along the way!

JED

Comment

Exactly. I plan on building it quick, a couple of weeks at most, but I am gathering intel and materials. Many thanks to this board!

Comment

Take your time and read a lot. I read posts for over a year before starting. Go through some of the threads on builds from start to finish so you can appreciate the challenges and how they are dealt with. My thoughts evolved over time by reading a lot of threads, and that helped a lot. I could recommend some, but I hesitate to leave some of them out. I followed Ken's during his construction, and Dino built his just ahead of mine, so those are the ones that influenced me most. But there are lots of other good ones that you would do well to study before making decisions.
          Joe

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really excited about this project. Not sure when I will be able to start, but I sure am enjoying reading what all of you have done.
            Great forum,

Thank you,
            Tom

Comment

Tom,
              welcome aboard mate.
              The hardest thing that you will experience is the choices available to you and your decisions.
              Some take a year to build, (some even longer, even here down under), and others only a couple of weeks.
              I diddn't need to build a stand as mine is built on an existing reindorced double brick concrete reinforced retaining wall and took around a month to complete to cooking.
              That was the start, then came the patio rebuild and then the outdoor kitchen. Next is the tessilated tiled floor and who knows what is next.
              Check out mu build for all the pics, tips, tricks and progress.

Cheers and good luck with your build.

Neill

PS. Whatever you decide to do, post plenty of pics.
              Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
              Neill’s kitchen underway
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hi Tom and Welcome

The hardest thing that you will experience is the choices available to you and your decisions.
                What Neil says is a real understatement... But like most of us you will read till your eyes bleed, then do what you need to do....

Good Luck With your build
                Mark

Comment

"The hardest thing that you will experience is the choices available to you and your decisions. "

I agree. Also note that in many cases there is no single "right way" .

Comment

I read some of the "what did you cook" thread to my wife and now she is really excited. Not just pizza and bread.
                    We are in a gourmet dinner club and out turn for dinner is next August. I know I will have it done by then.
                    I will post pictures as I go.
                    Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences. It's great to have such a resource.
                    I see that FB now offers a kit. I haven't checked pricing yet, but I'm thinking if it only costs $100 to ship to me, this is the way to go.

Tom

Comment

nice information!
                      entourage dvd box set
                      Star Trek The Next Generation seasons dvd box set
                      supernatural dvd box set
                      Charmed dvd box set
                      Buffy The Vampire Slayer dvd

Comment

Originally posted by trockyh View Post
                        I read some of the "what did you cook" thread to my wife and now she is really excited. Not just pizza and bread.
                        We are in a gourmet dinner club and out turn for dinner is next August. I know I will have it done by then.
                        I will post pictures as I go.
                        Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences. It's great to have such a resource.
                        I see that FB now offers a kit. I haven't checked pricing yet, but I'm thinking if it only costs $100 to ship to me, this is the way to go.

Tom
                        If I was starting over right now, I would probably go with the kit. They started offering them shortly after I had started mine, so I missed that opportunity. Pricing is fairly reasonable; you'd have to look hard to find much better, and in many cases you might have to travel quite a ways to multiple different vendors to get them.
                        -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

I believe I would go with the kit also, were I to do it over again. The only thing about the kit I don't like is the floor are big pieces. I like the look of the traditional herringbone floor.
                          Joe

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Working...
                          X