Belated Introduction -SW Ontario build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated Introduction -SW Ontario build

After asking a couple of questions over the last few months, it's about time that I introduced myself. Located in SW Ontario, Canada (west of Toronto), I've been perusing the forum for the last year, reading about everybody's builds. I downloaded the Pompeii plans (many thanks for both those, and this forum James). I had planned on starting early summer this year, but life got in the way, and it was mid fall here before I got a chance to get going. I knew that I needed the weather gods on my side to have any chance of having the dome done before winter, and this year they were. I finished up the dome yesterday, and am starting to plan out the upper enclosure. Temps below freezing last night, so I've been keeping the halogen light on inside, and the dome wrapped up with the remnants of a pool solar blanket to keep the mortar temp up. Seems to have been working so far. Regrettably I haven't been able to document my build as so many others have. Those threads have been of invaluable assistance. Many times when I wasn't sure how to handle something, a picture would show the way, so my heartfelt thanks to everybody who took all the time to take all those photos. I found a very helpful source of information from a company called Venture Refractories in Brantford, Ontario. Sourced my refractory mortar and insulation from them, and picked the owner's brain for lots of little details.
    Anyways, now I would like to get the dome enclosed before winter, so the reading and planning continues. I hear a copper roof calling my name. Thanks all.

Steve

Re: Belated Introduction -SW Ontario build

Steve,

Welcome to the club.... Congrats on your build, sounds like your doing okay...

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

Working...
    X