round oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round oven

I am an old mason and a friend asked me to help him build a woodfire pizza oven , we have come along way just getting to the oven part , this is an awesome project and I want to get it right ! It is a 4 ft. diameter round oven and I have the floor in and the first soldier corse creating the circle , a 24 in. wide entry . As soon as this rain stops we are going to start the dome . The first corse is 9 inch's tall and we are thinking about lowering the camber . with the first corse of 9 inch's and then 24 inch's of dome on top of that = 33 inch's is that to tall ? can we lower that and what would that do to the heating ? If it is 33 "s what should the height of the angle iron be that the door ? then the height of the bottom of the flu ? I am going to try to post pictures . thanks rocky

Re: round oven

Hey Rocky,
    Did you download the free plans from the fornobravo store? A lot of those questions are answered there...
    But in general, you want the dome to be lower than 33 inches. Most are from 18-22" interior height. Door should be 2/3 the height of the dome.

Also, did you insulate under the oven floor? This is perhaps the most important step.

Welcome,
    Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Working...
    X