Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii in India

Helloo!

I'm looking to build a Pompeii brick oven. As of now, all I know is that I would like to have a brick oven in which I can cook about 3 pizzas at a time. I have read quite a few posts on the forum. But for the life of me, I couldnt understand the finer details of the plan.

I intend to document and photograph the construction of the oven extensively.

Rgds
    ASk

Re: Pompeii in India

You need to download the free plans from the Forno Bravo store...that will help clear up the details. Also, usually you do not need to cook 3 pizzas at one time, as the cook very quickly. You would need at least two people to run an oven cooking 3 pizzas at the same time, one to make pizzas and one to cook them!

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thanks for the usability suggestion Drake. So, I would need a smaller oven after all. I'll look for plans in the FB Store.

Thanks again!
      Rgds
      ASk

Comment

Just visited the store page. I need to have an address in the US or Canada so that I can register at the store and then download the pdf.

Is there any other way I can download the pdf?

Thanks!
        Rgds
        ASk

Comment

Lots of great info right here, Download the plans for free. I'm not the most experienced builder but if I can offer any help let me know. I interested in building a tandoor, any experience with those? Thanks
          John

Comment

John, I can ask some of the artisans here and send you information to build a tandoor. I will also send you pictures. Will that help? Are you looking for specific information?

Comment

Where are you in India? I've been through Mumbai, Delhi, Calcutta and have been to Imphal (Manipur) twice for 2 weeks each trip.

You can build a very cheap oven from clay/cob. I recommend it since you will learn much and have a workable oven for very cheap. From the lessons learned you can better decide how big a fire-brick oven you will later want to build (if you ever need another!) In imphal, I saw much red clay sand/dirt that should be excellent for making a cob/clay oven. As you know many houses are built from cob in your area and there would be much expertise utilzing the same info for a Wood Fired Oven (WFO).

Check out the thread for my clay oven build & let me know what you think.
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ild-12388.html
              Last edited by marklewis; 03-28-2010, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X