Things are good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things are good

After sitting on the side for a while and work been quiet i built myself a oven, as usual i have to get things done asap. This created a few questions on completion !! But i can now say that after using it several times i am absolutely made up with it Yes i would do some things different next time but i believe that's the best way to learn (maybe not the cheapest option) Had a 1st birthday party for my grandson yesterday cooked chicken, potato and onion gratin followed by loads of pizza and garlic bread, fantastic good genuine comments all round. i have used the 00 flour very good but over ?1 a kilo, found some "pizza" flour at wholesalers ?5.99 for 16 kilos used nearly half of it already without complaint I may sound like a heaven but the bottom line is the whole thing is really working for me. i realize that building a oven can be for some a work of art and i admire some of the ovens i have seen here but knowing myself to get things done I now have one and do not know of any more around here. Just checked temp after yesterday still 90C in there. Got around 40 people coming next weekend which is really scaring me at moment going to cook a few chicken and potatoes first so i don't have a queue for pizza wish me luck, any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Things are good

well it turned out that there was nearly 60 arrived this weekend !!! I must communicate with my partner more !!Did the bread the day before to take the pressure off. cooked 6 chicken loads o baked potatoes, potato gratin, Pasta with cheese sauce and ham, meatballs, then re-lit the oven up to pizza temp and cooked 30 pizza, i must say i did have helpers i couldn't have done it on my own, when the rush was over the spare dough was used by people wanting to have a go, cal-zones, stuffed crusts, and a banana and jam cal-zone i think i saw. this was followed by bread and butter pudding and home made ice cream. we had a local band on in the garden and Bono from U2 came and did a solo set. 6am in the morning i went to bed what a fantastic night

Comment

You should post some pictures
      Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...s-my-oven.html

Comment

Working...
        X