Just the Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the Stand

Spent several week negotiating the placement of our 42" WFO. Boss and I decided to site it next to our existing screen porch. 3 months later I'm just getting getting to the insulating layer.....
    Randy
    Raleigh NC. Oven begun August 2010.

Re: Just the Stand

That is a very nice start! I'm at the same stage....Can you please send the gorilla down so he can push my wheel barrow up a ramp like that? May as well have him bring the ramp too
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by bowlingr View Post
      Boss and I
      I always like the way "men make the decisions" with the help of the wife, it sort of gives us all some sort of cred.....
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Raleigh Oven progress...

Had my 20 year old college son doing most of the gorilla work. The Boss did get her shovel and mixed the concrete for the top slab. Been very cold here in NC in December so little work lately. Hve gotten the insulating layer ground down smooth with a heavy duty angle grinder and a diamond wheel (borrowed from neighbor). Soldier course and 1st chain in place and arch ready to lay up.
        Last edited by bowlingr; 12-30-2010, 05:18 AM.
        Randy
        Raleigh NC. Oven begun August 2010.

Comment

Re: Raleigh Oven progress...

Originally posted by bowlingr View Post
          Had my 20 year old college son doing most of the gorilla work. The Boss did get her shovel and mixed the concrete for the top slab. Been very cold here in NC in December so little work lately. Hve gotten the insluating layer ground down smoot with a seavy duty angle grinder and a diamond wheel (borrowed from neighbor). Soldier course and 1st chain in place and arch ready to lay up.
          Now you're ahead of me....I guess you've thrown down the gauntlet

Looks like a meticulous job
          Lee B.
          DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Looking good! The closer the oven to the house, the more often it'll be used.
            George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Working...
            X