mobile oven question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile oven question

A few times in France, I have seen mobile pizza oven trucks, selling pizza in campsites and villages, moving from place to place, Do you think they light the fire back at base and drive the trucks with the fire burning or what? Thank's

Re: mobile oven question

I would doubt they travel with a lit fire, probably mostly gas heated until they get to the campsites.

Comment

Is it easy to install a gas burner into a wood oven which will also burn wood?

Comment

We discourage discussion of gas burners in home-built ovens. They are potentially unsafe.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Originally posted by sonomacast View Post
          A few times in France, I have seen mobile pizza oven trucks, selling pizza in campsites and villages, moving from place to place, Do you think they light the fire back at base and drive the trucks with the fire burning or what? Thank's
          My guess is they travel with the fire burning...think simple here, if it were you would you have a close fitting door that contains the fire securely or have an additional elaborate propane system just for going between sites?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimaldi View Post
            My guess is they travel with the fire burning...think simple here, if it were you would you have a close fitting door that contains the fire securely or have an additional elaborate propane system just for going between sites?
            If you had a close fitting door, wouldn't the fire go out for lack of oxygen?
            Toby

Comment

Originally posted by charger10s View Post
              If you had a close fitting door, wouldn't the fire go out for lack of oxygen?
              Not with an air vent in the right place...you could have air and have it positioned to keep the fire contained, IMO.

Comment

The gas burner needs to be accompanied with a flame failure device.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                X