It"s here!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It"s here!!!!!

My Casa2G arrived today getting ready to take it home I will post pictures when I get going !!Not a build up but will suite me just fine until I build one from scratch

Re: It"s here!!!!!

i built my first one from scratch. the next one will be a Casa... i loved doing the build and would not trade the experience, but i won't invest that amount of time on the next one.

Comment

Wow Stonylake that's kinda good to hear for me anyway I just don't have the time so anyway I have my stand amd pad built and poured

Comment

Ok so the pad is up the modular casa2g is all together and mortered up and now it needs to sit for a week so I should be able to post some pictures some time this week!

Comment

i'll be interested in seeing the build and getting a feel for the time it takes.

Comment

The WFO is uh resting for one week this saturday the 12th I can fire it up to start the cure I am getting errors on my picture upload so will work on that but the assembly was a snap I had a frame at the shop that didn't get used on a job so I welded it together and lengthened the legs, put the hardiback down formed the pad for the oven already had a pad for the patio hand mixed the concrete 8 90lb bags and sunday I assembled the oven and plastered up the joints tuesday did another coat and this afternoon I started the insulation could've finished insulating tonight but will finish tomorow unloaded some wood for the cure instead pictures will be coming so far so good

Comment

I have pictures but working on the oven it is curing was kinda tough trying to keep the low fire got smoky at times was expecting the fire dept at any minute kinda like watching water boil

Comment

do you cure the casa the same way as a brick oven? i used Sterno fuel for my first few fires, nice and clean... did 18 pizza's last nite...

Comment

Stonylake I strted curing with a small fire to 300 degrees then add 50 degrees everyday till 500 toniight it will be done I was thinkg of setting up the propane burner but it seemed easier to just build the fire instead.Holy cow this upload is taking forever still trying to post some pictures but have been getting errors.

Comment

Ok let's try this it worked looked like the picture needed to be resized the picture
                    Last edited by Taxin; 03-16-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

More pictures I am putting the lath on and it is cured

Comment

looks great! how much $$$ do you think you will have in this? i built the 36" brick oven in my back yard at home but want one at the cottage @ Stony Lake. i don't want to spend the whole summer cutting brick though.. and i like the stand setup that you have, i like the idea of being able to move it around.

Comment

Hi Stonylake I have the cost of the casas 2g80 and brick front and the shipping the table was left over from a job we did probably $100 in metal to do the table maybe a little more
                          I think the stand at FB is $750 though then I think with the materials for the pad and a few odds and ends was around $200 the assembly was fairly quick
                          once the pad is poured then you wait but we have made a few pizzas and beef ribs I hope to put the scratch coat on tonight but it was EASY the hardest part was gettting the stand together but I can weld and half of it was already made so $1850 for the oven and $150 for the brick front and $2 to $300 in misc hope that helps
                          Last edited by Taxin; 03-17-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

thanks. just what i needed to know. i have a lot of old steel warehouse racking and a bunch of friends that can weld.... i also have about 6 pallets of old street brick. i don't know what freight would be to Michigan, but i should be able to get this done for about $2500.00... not bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X