How to lift Primavera 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lift Primavera 70

I am thinking about purchasing a Primavera 70 but am unsure as how most people get them onto a concrete stand. I have seen the pictures of folks using an engine lift and can understand how that works with a Primavera 60 and its stand, but how does one do that with a 70 and still get the straps out from underneath it. Is there an easier way to lift it onto the stand? Thanks for any advice.

Re: How to lift Primavera 70

Hi Ernisse,

To move the Primavera70 we recommend using 2x4's wedging them under the oven then having 4-6 guys lift and move the oven to the stand then slowing removing the 2x4's one at a time.

Heidi

Comment

I hired 4 moving professionals help me with setting up my Primavera 60 on the stand. It was an ordeal. After Three hours, $375.00 and a stripped bolt it was finally up. I have to secure the legs of the stand with U-Bolts. Needless to say they never saw anything like it, they wanted to lay it on it's side to attache the legs, but I wouldn't let them. Hopefully you can find someone with a fork lift. I told them initially that I only needed them to hold up the oven with 2x4's while I attache the stand; after they laughed they struggled to put it together for me. It was an experience!
      Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Can some 2x4's really hold the weight of a 70? I do have a forklift at the hanger I manage, but I think getting it off the skids would be a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid800 View Post
          I hired 4 moving professionals help me with setting up my Primavera 60 on the stand. It was an ordeal. After Three hours, $375.00 and a stripped bolt it was finally up. I have to secure the legs of the stand with U-Bolts. Needless to say they never saw anything like it, they wanted to lay it on it's side to attache the legs, but I wouldn't let them. Hopefully you can find someone with a fork lift. I told them initially that I only needed them to hold up the oven with 2x4's while I attache the stand; after they laughed they struggled to put it together for me. It was an experience!
          Good luck!
          BTW Kid800, how do you like your oven? I thought about the 60 and think it would be fine, some am a bit worried it might be too small for an reasonable fire, but I do not have the space for a large oven. The 70 is the max size available, but the 60 would be better if it is a suitable size. thanks again.

Comment

I haven't really used it as yet; I'm still in the process of curing it. But it's by the pool and I'm sure it will be OK as long as i can get it up to temp to cook a pizza in about 2 minutes as I've seen on FB.

Comment

I love my oven! Can't make the pizzas quick enough, so there's always one in and one on the way. This is a quality oven; I cured it in a week (after sitting in the garage for 4 months) and it is a great addition to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by ernisse View Post
                BTW Kid800, how do you like your oven? I thought about the 60 and think it would be fine, some am a bit worried it might be too small for an reasonable fire, but I do not have the space for a large oven. The 70 is the max size available, but the 60 would be better if it is a suitable size. thanks again.
                Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but the oven works great! I make one Pizza at a time and it cooks before I'm finished shaping the next one; I've been making 6-7 at a pop with no problem (Well, that's not true getting it on and off the peel sometimes is frustrating and I've even lost a couple-and none are round but they are excellent tasing)
                Happy pizzaing (?)

Comment

Hi Ernisse, Did you ever end up purchasing the Primavera 70? If so, how did you set it up? Did you use a forklift or did you have manual help?

Thanks.

Comment

No, sorry, we decided to build our own oven and am planning to do that this spring using a Forno kit. We were planning on using a forklift that I was going to rent from an equipment place down the street from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by HeidiL2011 View Post
                      Hi Ernisse,

To move the Primavera70 we recommend using 2x4's wedging them under the oven then having 4-6 guys lift and move the oven to the stand then slowing removing the 2x4's one at a time.

Heidi
                      Using only 4 people to lift a complete oven is highly dangerous and asking for trouble IMO, use lifting equipment.
                      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

After being pretty nervous about doing this, and looking all over for different options, I finally broke down and rented a forklift. Myself and the operator slid my Primavera 70 off the pallet and onto the forks.

The stucco that covered the edge of the styrofoam broke off some of the stucco around the base, but FB says they are sending me a patch kit, so no biggy.

Once I had the oven hovering over the prepared cement stand, I placed 4 large blocks of ice I purchased at the grocery store under the oven and lowered the oven onto the ice. That was around 10 am. I then monitored the oven for the rest of the day as the ice slowly melted. I had to nudge the oven into place a couple times, but it settled very evenly. Whew! Then on to the curing!

Comment

Yes!! Good job. The ice works nicely.

TenaSteff

Comment

What's it cost to rent a fork lift like that?

Comment

Cost me $475... Oh well, it worked!

Comment

Working...
                              X