Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centered Chimney

Hi,

I have my dome and arch with vent opening completed. I am interested in knowing if anybody has suggestions on how to run the venting from the arch such that it comes out centered on the dome (similar to what James the Oven Merchant has in his Avatar). I like the look of the chimney centered on the oven with the enclosure. For those of you who have done this are you using clay flue liner or, is there a "better" way? Do you have technical sketches? Thanks, tb

Re: Centered Chimney

Scroll through the link and you will see the chimney design is along what you are describing:

MHA News - 2006 Meeting - Backyard Oven with Peter Moore
    49" Recirculating LOW DOME Pompei build with welded stand:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...log-15903.html

Comment

Re: Centered Chimney

As far as James' oven, I'm sure he used the Duratech chimney system, since he sells it. It has a maximum 30 degree bend, so that may have dictated the height of the structure. Here's the picture:

and the thread if you want to look further. I didn't see a specific picture about the installation of the chimney units.

As far as doing it with clay chimney liners, that would take fancy footwork, as the MHA project gt40 links to, shows. I'd want some insulation between my dome and the slanted portion of the flue, so there wouldn't be big heat leakage when doing retained heat baking.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
      X