Primavera70 on Brick Patio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera70 on Brick Patio

I'm considering placing a Primavera 70 on my brick patio. The patio is 6 years old (settled) and the paver bricks are sanded in-place (no mortar).

I want to build an oven base using cinder block. The questions that bug me are:

Will the weight of the blocks + oven damage the patio? I really don't want to remove bricks and pour a slab. I don't want to pour a slab at all if it can be avoided.

Is there any issue with leaving the cinder blocks un-cemented on the bottom level (so there's no cement bonding them to the brick)...but bonding the cinder blocks on all the other rows?

I like the look of textured cinder blocks (rocky/uneven surface). But how would I seal the top forms so the concrete wouldn't leak through (if they were standard cinder block, the wood forms would be flush against them).

If I use textured cinder block, how can I make a nice, seamless-looking area above the wood storage opening? Using those metal arch supports is nice for standard cinder block because you can cover/hide it with a million different things, but I can't think of a way to hide a support bar or support the block if I use the textured stuff?

Any ideas are really appreciated.
Working...
X