Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to install a Casa 2g90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to install a Casa 2g90?

I'm trying to figure out how hard it is and if I need a professional mason or not. I'm getting the base manufactured (angle irons etc) and want to know how many hours it would take. Any info from someone who has built this one would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Steve

Re: How long does it take to install a Casa 2g90?

Hi sbeckta,

It isn't rocket science and the labor can be done by one or two people working together on the blocks and concrete mixing. My wife helped me, bless her.

Any professional help is expensive especially if they charge by the hour. I wouldn't want to lay brick, block or mix/finish concrete for less than a half day. A friend who is an experienced handyman says his typical charge per day is $200

Invite friends or family over to help with the heavy stuff. Schedule their help in advance. With a little help and the promise of oven cooked food they will eagerly lend a hand.

A Pompeii style oven could be fabricated in ten days if all the materials are at hand and you have full days to work. If you have no experience building or doing hand work then figure twice that long. It should be enjoyable labor and a great opportunity to learn new things.

Best of luck,
    Last edited by azpizzanut; 07-15-2011, 07:39 PM.
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Steve,
      Just installed a Premio 2G110...had some friends assist the final assembly as the parts were quite heavy. I excavated the foundation and had a cement company pour the slab. I dry assembled the cinder block stand and poured the hearth in 2 weekends. I am currently curing the oven..planned gabled enclosure. Used to live in Stittsville but now reside in Vermont.
      Good luck.
      Peter

Comment

Steve
        I hired the two masons who built my outdoor kitchen for a day. Cost me $100 each and it was money will spent. They did all the work. I supervised. (see attached photo)

Phil

Comment

Working...
        X