Fireclay or Orcoset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireclay or Orcoset

I knew I would be on here sooner or later that I would be on here with a question. This is a great forum. I just poured the insulating layer today, also tried to buy my fire clay and this is what I ran into. In Green Bay the three brick suppliers will not carry dry fireclay. So I am stuck with Orcoset ($89 a 3 gal pale). Now the question is the base is supposed to be a mix of sand and fireclay to set the oven floor. Can I use this Orcoset for this?. Thanks for any insite.

Steve

Re: Fireclay or Orcoset

Originally posted by HummerGB View Post
    I knew I would be on here sooner or later that I would be on here with a question. This is a great forum. I just poured the insulating layer today, also tried to buy my fire clay and this is what I ran into. In Green Bay the three brick suppliers will not carry dry fireclay. So I am stuck with Orcoset ($89 a 3 gal pale). Now the question is the base is supposed to be a mix of sand and fireclay to set the oven floor. Can I use this Orcoset for this?. Thanks for any insite.

Steve
    I found fireclay at two locations: A pottery store and a local refractory (hawthorne bond fireclay).
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X