Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking floor fire brick installation on FB Board

Hi all,

Have built oven stand and hearth and am now ready to install the FB board purchased from Forno Bravo then the first of fire bricks for the cooking floor.

Question is: Do I need to attach the cooking floor fire bricks to the FB board using a "thin layer of paste made from sand, fire clay and water as a 'bed' for the floor." that are mentioned in page 32 of the Forno Bravo instructions or place on top of the FB board without the paste?

Thanks!

Re: Cooking floor fire brick installation on FB Board

The sand/fireclay mixture is for leveling, not attachment. If your floor bricks are flat enough without it, you don't need to use it. I didn't.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I used a thin level layer mixed from sand and fireclay because a wet mix would hard to work with due to my board absorbing water. As dmun said it was purely for achieving a level oven floor

Brett

Comment

Personally I would use the mix for leveling. Bricks are never consistent in dimensions so using the mix would get you a great floor for little extra work. The mix will not add that much moisture to the board and will evaporate quickly. The purpose of the notched trowel
        is to give your mix a place to go if the brick needs to be lowered some.

So if it was my oven I would follow the recommended procedure.

Comment

Working...
        X