Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indoor in pizza oven in old unused fireplace???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor in pizza oven in old unused fireplace???

I'm interested in building an indoor pizza oven during an upcoming kitchen redo. We would like this to be built into an exisitng fireplace (which we never use) that is on an former exterior wall (exterior until the garage was added). There is significant footings under the fireplace the extend into the basement (i.e. a lot of masonry!!). I'm aware of the deeper profile of a pizza oven versus that of a fireplace, but this is not an issue. We currently have "pizza night" once a week using a stone an reg oven. But with the kitchen construction pending, we want to do something more fun and useful. Some the question--the plan is to remove the hearth and firebox--how can we use the footings of the fireplace and the exisitng chimney to install a pizza oven? What more do we need to add for the supporting structure of the pizza oven? Insulation?? And just general advice : ) ?
    Thanks,
    Kathleen

Re: Indoor in pizza oven in old unused fireplace???

Hello Kathleen,

It is possible and a number of customers have done it. The biggest issue to address is that the footprint of a pizza oven is much deeper than a fireplace. The pizza oven will take up some space in the room.

For insulation, setbacks from combustibles and ventilation,
    Please download the FB Residential Oven Installation and Operation Manual from the FornoBravo.com under tech specs, Casa2 and Premio2G. It has lots of information on accepted building practices for indoor installation for the Casa2G and Premio2G ovens.

If you have any questions please let me know you can always reach me at Heidi@fornobravo.com or 1-800-407-5119 ext 14.

Thanks,
    Heidi

Comment

We saw quite a lot of ovens in fireplaces, while in France and Italy last year. Here's one that's an interesting solution. Note it does not have a front flue to work past, because it simply shares the fireplace chimney.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

You will also need to talk to your local municipal building department.

Indoor fireplace design /construction is almost always closley regulated.

Comment

Some pics would help.
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
          X