Considering a Primavera 60 - have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a Primavera 60 - have some questions

Hi. I am considering purchasing a Primavera 60, but have a few questions that have led to some reservations about it in general. My first concern is about weather. I live on Long Island in New York and we get a good amount of rain year round and snow in the winter. Will the climate here be too harsh on this oven? If not, will the vinyl cover provide adequate rain protection? Finally, does anyone use this oven at high temperatures successfully in the winter?

Many thanks,
    Jim

Re: Considering a Primavera 60 - have some questions

Just thought I'd bump this as I have a few of the same questions...

Erd

Comment

Ditto on the bump -- would love to hear feedback from current Primavera owners.

Cheers,
      DS

Comment

Love my Primavera70...only cooked about a dozen pizzas and one chicken but I'm pretty happy.
        Live in Colorado...hot in summer cold in winter
        FB I reserve the right to be wrong, but...
        Cant imagine given the sheer amount of insulation that any outside temp will matter...I got the dome to 1150deg last night and the top was 92deg...If its 30 below zero I might not fire it up really fast, take it super slow, let it warm up a little with a small fire, The hearth is the weak spot were one end will be really cold and the other will warm up, but if you don't build a bonfire instantly I cant see why it would be a problem...
        It rained pretty hard last night and I did notice my hearth collected some water as the stone is fairly pourus, but I am gonna just fire it a couple times to dry it out...keep in mind these things sit out all over France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia etc. in the elements and it doesn't seem to bother anybody.

Comment

Working...
        X