Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor heating problem - help!

Hello all,

I'm new in this forum and I'm a newbie in oven development as well . I have just built my first oven and i'm facing a problem that I'm unable to get above 50 degree Celsius on the oven floor. The doom is heated up well but the floor doesn't heat-up. I'm using natural gas burner instead of wood. I burnt fire for more than 2 hours but couldn't get the baking temperature on the floor.

Can someone guide me to a fault finding direction so that I could find out what's going wrong with my oven?

Thanks & Regards,
    Ahmad

Re: Floor heating problem - help!

First question is, do you have a layer of insulation under the hearth (floor) bricks ?

Second, is this a new construction and therfore not fully cured yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadyousaf View Post
      I'm using natural gas burner instead of wood.
      It sounds like an accident waiting to happen using gas.

The fire needs to be in contact with the floor of the oven for it to get hot enough.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post

The fire needs to be in contact with the floor of the oven for it to get hot enough.
        Hey
        Go to Forno Bravo home page. In "Commercial Ovens" go to "Compare" then downlad the pdf compare sheet. Compare your design with the right oven design. The problem of floor not heating enough is mentioned there.
        Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
        I forgot who said that.

Comment

Well thats interesting.

Forno Bravo discourage gas burners and discussion of them on the forum, yet they sell a gas burner model....
          Last edited by brickie in oz; 12-09-2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

My Build.

Books.

Comment

The gas system's that are used in commercial ovens have the required safeguards to keep them from blowing up. A consumer gas burner stuck in an oven is not the same thing.

Comment

My bet is, the dome is too high internally. What height?

Comment

Coals maybe. Remember that flames stand up, and heat rises. What the ideal scenario should be, is the flames should be rolling around in the oven, and heating everything, inc the floor.

Comment

My bet is that the oven still contains moisture. It is a new one isn't it?
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2 View Post
                    First question is, do you have a layer of insulation under the hearth (floor) bricks ?

Second, is this a new construction and therfore not fully cured yet ?
                    Yes, the floor bricks are insulated.

Yea, it's a new oven and it might still have moisture in it. The bricks had soaked a lot of water while I was dipping 'em for construction.

But I was thinking it should be cured after 3 drying fires.

Thanks & Regards,
                    Ahmad

Comment

OOO your comment worries me a little. I can never make my gas burner in contact to the floor

By referring to accident, do you mean it could blow up? I have given the oven breath hole and an exhaust as well.

Regards,
                      Ahmad

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                        My bet is that the oven still contains moisture. It is a new one isn't it?
                        I think you are right david. My oven is still new and there might be a lot of moisture in the bricks. Even though, when I closely looked at the floor, I can still see the moist bricks.

I'll surely come back when my oven floor is dried out and will share my experience.

Thanks & Regards,

Ahmad

Comment

I'd like to share another thing that my gas burner is not the ideal one. Fornobravo states that the best gas burner is the one with a very large flame rather my burner has got many small flames .

Comment

Will be interested in hearing if that burner will heat that oven to the required temps once it's dried out. What size is it?
                            Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Sounds like the burner is a gas ring that is used for boiling a kettle or something?

Edit:-
                              I found this old thread about how many BTU's you need to heat an oven to pizza temps.
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/h...r-my-2181.html
                              Last edited by brickie in oz; 12-12-2011, 06:11 PM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X