X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking of in my new Bravo Pizza Oven

Hello

Can someone help me.

I have recently built a pizza oven and have been slowly been building the fires up over the last 8 days until on day 8 I built a fire large enough to cook pizzas

My issue is that all the concrete pieces have cracks in them. Some quiet large.

What I would like to know is what do I do now.

Do I go back to creating more small fires and continue to slowly build up the heat in the unit over more days? Do i patch the cracks up from the inside?

Just not sure what to do next. Or do i just cook more pizzas and not worry about the cracks?

What have I done wrong?

Regards,

Frank

Reassurance about cracks...

Posting some pictures in a thread located in the oven construction forum would help form our opinions and advice.

That said, we ALL have cracks in our ovens. some of them much larger than we want to live with. Most likely, a crack won't harm function of the oven, just our oven egos

I remember how my heart sank as the curing fires revealed cracks and growing cracks. :-/

If your bricks remain solid and don't move, likely you can insulate and use the oven as is. Post some pictures and you will get some good advice.
    Last edited by Lburou; 02-06-2012, 08:34 AM.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X