Super Bowl Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Party

I have a 42 inch oven and started using it late November so I'm still learning. We are have 12 o 14 people over to watch the football game. My wife is fixing salad and I'm going to fix pizza at half-time. Any advice to help me get all this done and not keep people waiting or your experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Super Bowl Party

Teamwork. When we have a big summer party, I build the pies, my twenty-something son bakes and my wife cuts them. Designate some helpers and have a busy half-time!
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Obviously you should have everything pre-prepared and the fire lit.
      Stoke the fire at the 2 minute warning.
      Then, as Ken said, get several people to help make and bake.
      Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

To minimize the hassle, we are buying pre-made pizzas. Our local guy, Bruggo's, does a damn good job in regard to the crust and toppings. Just slide it in and you get the WFO experience. When it's all said and done, the prep and cleaning takes the majority of time. Then again, I don't want to miss a second of Madonna. Seriously, the Super Bowl couldn't get Lady Gaga? Any woman that dresses in meat gets my vote.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

is it possible to pre-make my pizza's and put them in refrigerator on a pizza dish and then put them on a peel and then into the oven? Any tried this before?

Comment

ended up making 6 pizza'a for about 11 people. This is the most pizza's I've cooked at one firing. Wife made New England Clam chowder (pats) and salad and I made New York Style Pizza (giants). I enlisted help to carry made pizza's into house. I didn't know it but they put them in oven to keep warm until all six were cooked. I think it made them a touch soggy. I wish they would have eaten them as they came in from the oven. Another mistake I made was placing most of the pizza's in the same spot in the oven. I think the heat in the floor at the spot I placed the pizza's was getting sapped of heat. Over all everyone enjoyed the food, drink and game. We were pulling for the Giants!

Comment

Working...
            X