Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking for a while. I have been researching wood ovens for almost a year. In a few weeks I am getting a 12 x 14' concrete patio poured so I can have a wood fired oven. I love to cook and have a Big Green Egg as well as a cabinet smoker. The Egg makes ok pizza, but it is tight and the 750 - 800 degree temps regularly kill my gasket.

My back yard does not have access for large machines. Ideally, I would buy a finished set it up and cook oven. The trouble is to get a decent size oven I would need some machinery to get it in place.

I noticed Forn Bravo has a really nice 70 size oven that is on casters, I could probably manage to get that in the back yard with help (I do not have a level lot going front to back). I am concerned that a 70 size oven will be too small.

I will not be throwing huge parties, I wantr to cook mainly pizza, but I also want to do things like breads, Prime Rib, Wings or whatever. From what I can tell a 90 size oven is probably perfect size wise.

The Casa2G90 seems to fit the bill, I am just concrened that it may be one of those projects that is just a little too much and never quite gets finished. I have no real mason skills but have built stuff around the house like shelves, walls and so on.

I really will not have much help building this and budget says I can't hire this job out - the opven and patio are already taking up my budget.

If it were you would you just buy the completed portable 70 size or suck it up and push through and build the 90?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Re: Trying to decide

You are the only one who can decide that question. The oven in your other post will do what you need if you can get it back there. The advantage is that you can take that oven on wheels with you when you move out.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X