Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help deciding on oven...

Hi Everyone,

I am having a very hard time deciding on a WFO. I have never really done any mason work and really have no desire for yet another mammoth project (like building a bomb shelter for WFO to sit on. I have WAY to many projects underway to take on another big one. At the same time I am a foodie and cooking addict ? It is probably my favorite hobby (making yummy stuff).

I LOVE Neapolitan style pizza and would REALLY enjoy making it at home on a WFO. I have come close in results using my Big Green Egg at 750 ? 800 ish degrees BUT that takes a toll on the egg gasket and due to the tiny surface area of the egg, cooking the pizza is tricky.

The oven would go in my back yard, there is no access for big machines back there, and the access is up a grassy hill.

I have found a few possible ovens that fall in budget, but are not sure if they would work. From my extensive reading, I am convinced Forno Bravo makes quality stuff. I liked this one but not sure if it is too small;

Andiamo70 Assembled 28" Wood Pizza Oven :: Residential Pizza Ovens :: Forno Bravo Store

I would like to be able to do a 14? pizza and maybe some wings on a small plate. I also want to be able to cook other stuff like bread and Prime Rib roasts so it needs to hold heat fairly well.

Am I asking too much from this small oven? I really can?t afford to have someone build a stand for me. The majority of the cooking will just be Pizza for me and the wife with hopefully regular weekend parties for 10 people on weekends. Is this a good solution for me or should I find a wway to get a 90 or 100 size oven?

THANKS!

Rob

Re: Need help deciding on oven...

Originally posted by Bigfoot21075 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am having a very hard time deciding on a WFO. I have never really done any mason work and really have no desire for yet another mammoth project (like building a bomb shelter for WFO to sit on. I have WAY to many projects underway to take on another big one. At the same time I am a foodie and cooking addict – It is probably my favorite hobby (making yummy stuff).

I LOVE Neapolitan style pizza and would REALLY enjoy making it at home on a WFO. I have come close in results using my Big Green Egg at 750 – 800 ish degrees BUT that takes a toll on the egg gasket and due to the tiny surface area of the egg, cooking the pizza is tricky.

The oven would go in my back yard, there is no access for big machines back there, and the access is up a grassy hill.

I have found a few possible ovens that fall in budget, but are not sure if they would work. From my extensive reading, I am convinced Forno Bravo makes quality stuff. I liked this one but not sure if it is too small;

Andiamo70 Assembled 28" Wood Pizza Oven :: Residential Pizza Ovens :: Forno Bravo Store

I would like to be able to do a 14” pizza and maybe some wings on a small plate. I also want to be able to cook other stuff like bread and Prime Rib roasts so it needs to hold heat fairly well.

Am I asking too much from this small oven? I really can’t afford to have someone build a stand for me. The majority of the cooking will just be Pizza for me and the wife with hopefully regular weekend parties for 10 people on weekends. Is this a good solution for me or should I find a wway to get a 90 or 100 size oven?

THANKS!

Rob
    I think that oven will do all the tasks that you name.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X