Help please 36 build UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please 36 build UK

Hi Guys, build under way with foundations now in place. I have been laying out the floor fire bricks in the herringbone pattern so i can cut my 36" circle, but unsure where the firebricks should end, should this be in the vent landing or should they continue here and into the outer landing. Can i also make the landing smaller say 10" and what effect will this have on the fire. I have an antique pizza oven cast iron door to use so i did not want the landing too low or long as it will hide the beautiful door at the oven entrance. Please can you advise me on this, thanks.

Re: Help please 36 build UK

Originally posted by THE CHALLENGER View Post
    Hi Guys, build under way with foundations now in place. I have been laying out the floor fire bricks in the herringbone pattern so i can cut my 36" circle, but unsure where the firebricks should end, should this be in the vent landing or should they continue here and into the outer landing. Can i also make the landing smaller say 10" and what effect will this have on the fire. I have an antique pizza oven cast iron door to use so i did not want the landing too low or long as it will hide the beautiful door at the oven entrance. Please can you advise me on this, thanks.
    I would continue the floor all the way out.

Is 10" enough to accommodate the flue?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I would seriously take the time to draw out an oven plan on paper rather than design as you go. You will come out ahead by doing this.

Comment

Thanks for your reply , the arch on the cast iron door is 4 1/2 inches in depth which the first arch will sit on, then i need a 4 inch vent space? right?(to lead to the 8" flue) , before my second arch and then according to the FB plans a 12" landing. Will it have any effect if the landing is 10" ? i have been planning this oven for months on paper but need to check on this with all you experienced guys. Please tell me if i have got the info wrong here. Thanks

Comment

The "oven landing" in the plans is just an open shelf at the front of the oven - it's entirely optional. I've got an 18" deep vent, 29" wide, and *no* oven landing (yet), but plenty of room to set things down. You don't even need a vent or chimney - I cooked for a year before I had anything but the dome completed. Have you taken any pictures yet?

Comment

Remember you are going to have to reach over that landing for everything you do in the oven. When I see people build these massive 18 and 24 inch deep landings I wonder if they've ever thought about that. My first oven had an 8 inch landing which I decided was a waste, so my new oven has no landing, just an overhanging Neapolitan style vent.It's still a paint to build a fire inside of it, can't imagine if there was a 2 foot landing in front.

Comment

Working...
            X