Small WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small WFO

I also posted a similar thread on Pizzamaking.com, but guessing that there'll be a bigger pool of ressources here. As I live in an apartment, I don't have the capacity to have a big, nice WFO at my disposal. So I'm in the market for a smaller wfo, that I can easily transport to different locations(my parents, my siblings etc) without having to buy a trailer and a crane to lift it. So a WFO that weighs less than 100 kg.

The oven will be used to cook neapolitan styled pizzas, and should therefore be able to reach 350+ degrees celsius and have enough top heat so that the top is being cooked along with the bottom. So I've been looking at different alternatives. The beehive looks very nice, but is too heavy. I've come across something called Le Pitchoun, but as someone noted the fire is beneath the stone, and probably not a lot of top heat.

I've read about the Forni a Legna Pizza Party oven, which fit my needs. The only thing I'm concerned with is if it has enough top heat - anybody know of this model, and have tested it?

Another option is Alfapizzas 2 Pizze Forno 2 pizze - Alfapizza which seems very nice, but again a steel construction that makes me wonder how the top heat is when the door open.

Any comments, or ideas to alternatives?

Re: Small WFO

Kermit,

Sorry, but what you are looking for (small, transportable, lightweight) doesn't seem to fit into the design and construction experience of the builders here except a trailerable oven.
    John

Comment

Gudday
      Perhaps a good starting point could be a pizza stone in your BBQ?
      Forno sell a good one....and theres a section in the forum

Regards Dave
      Last edited by cobblerdave; 03-01-2012, 04:41 AM.
      Measure twice
      Cut once
      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
      My Door
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

A small refractory concrete dome with a pizza stone under it. It's not perfect, but it fits your specifications. You might also consider a cob oven with a pizza stone as the cooking hearth. Cob is very light.

Comment

I have read where some have had some success with the The Big Green Egg. Of course, they were in the process of building a real oven I'm sorry that I can't credit just who but, please chime in if you can direct.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Forno Bravo has its Andiamo series on sale now. It's mounted on a stand with wheels. It weighs about 200kg, though. It would work for a first floor apartment (or a multistory building if it has an elevator).

Comment

Working...
            X