No announcement yet.

Oven temp and Just ordered my oven!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven temp and Just ordered my oven!!!!

First i have to say i just ordered my oven. Should arrive late next week!!!! CANT WAIT. I am sure i will be bugging the forum with 1000000 questions so...
    I know i need to cure my oven for 5 days but after i do that what is the best oven temp for pizza? Where do i temp it with my inferred them? the oven floor, the oven roof the side??

thanks B

Re: Oven temp and Just ordered my oven!!!!

Congrats on the purchase. I cook the pizza with a floor temp of 700 - 750.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I start at between 750 and 800 F. Measure temperature at oven floor in middle where the pizza will sit.

Be consistent where you take the temperature so you can learn how your oven performs at various temperatures.

Comment

A 1/4 tsp of semolina cast onto the centre of the oven floor will tell you when the floor is ready and the clearing of the dome tells you when it is ready. After 12 months and lots of firing you probably won't bother using your high tech temp gun, but they are a fun toy.
        Also useful for detecting hot chicks.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

In my opinion you want to match the oven hearth temperature to the style of pizza you want to make.

800+ for Neapolitan
          700-800 for Neapolitan/New York Hybrid
          bellow 700 for New York Style

These would be for a firebrick hearth, if you by chance have soapstone I would assume everything would be a bit lower due to the higher thermal conductivity.

Comment

Working...
          X