Curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing

I recently purchased and received the Andiamo 70 oven. It was built in California and shipped fully assembled to my home in Pennsylvania. All of the instructions I have read say that you should let the oven "sit" for a week before you even begin the curing process. I am sure this oven was built several weeks ago and sat somewhere for a week after it was built and shipped across county. Would I need to let it sit yet another week before I start the curing process ?? Thanks. New to all this and want to get started.

Re: Curing

In a word, yes. Before choosing to countermand the curing instructions, call fornobravo and get some expert guidance.

I can understand the desire to put that magnificent oven to use ASAP, but, in the scheme of the Cosmos, the seven day delay is not that long
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I too will start the curing process in a bout a week following the directions from Bravo. What I would like to know is what is used to create the 1st fire (wood, paper?) in order to obtain 300 degrees and what method is used to maintain that fire (I guess small pieces of wood but just want to be sure)

Thanks for any input:

Comment

I contacted Forno Bravo regarding the shipping and curing process. They told me it was ready for curing since I had it shipped and it "sat" for at least 7 days......so I started the process...am in my 5th day....started with a bit of wood (small pieces)...kept it about 300 for two days....then increased.....am up to about 500 now.....still lots of water coming out of it...... am outside next to the oven and keep checking and putting on the wood as needed.....to maintain temperature....seems to be okay.

Comment

There is plenty of info on the curing thread (oven management,firing your oven) if you have time to read it all.
          Last edited by david s; 04-05-2012, 02:27 PM.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

So the oven is finished and will start curing next week. I do have a quesiton though, is the door supposed to fit perfectly? There are small gaps on either side....

Comment

furthermore, I see all these ovens eclosed in large amounts of brick. Is that necessary? Will my oven still accomplish my cooking goals?....pizza, breads, roasts etc.....

Comment

I will be receiving the Andiamo 70 next month.
                my question is about curing it, can this process be done over a longer period of time? Don’t know how I can do this with having to take time off from work. Any suggestions?
                thanks Mike

Comment

Hi Mke,

I know that 6+ hours a day is difficult to manage. But will you have two weekends and a few minutes each day for the week in betweeen?
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Yes, actually the oven should be delivered the week I’m on vacation.

Comment

Working...
                    X