Andiamo Reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andiamo Reviews?

We've been dreaming about a WFO for years. Our original plan was to build one when we built our new patio, but those plans have been put on hold indefinitely. (The cost of tearing down our deck and building a terraced patio is just not in the budget right now.) So, we're thinking of a portable solution. We've seen the new Forno Bravo Andiamo oven and are very intrigued, but can't seem to find any reviews. Has anyone out there purchased one? What pros and cons should consider before purchasing? How would the metal exterior fair in the pacific northwest?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Andiamo Reviews?

You are welcome to follow my journey.

Fornography: A Neapolitan pizza journey.

Comment

It looks like the flue is not tall enough, especially judging by the amount of smoke stain on the front arch, but I guess it would make the packing crate too tall if a taller one was supplied.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Looks beautiful! Thanks for the review on pizzamaking.com; I sure you’ll be extremely happy with your purchase. How’s the heat retention? Tried baking anything in it yet? I would love to hear what the cool down profile is!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I love the pictures and the details. Very helpful information.

Comment

Dear phornographer...I think your pizzas look just great, and I too am thinking ofg the Andiamo 70. I am a bit concerned about the smoke buildup on the brick face and front metal enclosure, on what appears to be a fairly new unit.
            Does anyone know if this is normal/expected , or did you have any specific issues to cause it. I have seens lots of pics of various WFO's and the Andiamo seems to smoke up and discolor more than others...comments would be appreaciated.
            thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Ill dean View Post
              Dear phornographer...I think your pizzas look just great, and I too am thinking ofg the Andiamo 70. I am a bit concerned about the smoke buildup on the brick face and front metal enclosure, on what appears to be a fairly new unit.
              Does anyone know if this is normal/expected , or did you have any specific issues to cause it. I have seens lots of pics of various WFO's and the Andiamo seems to smoke up and discolor more than others...comments would be appreaciated.
              thanks...

Thank you. I have had the oven for 2 years now. Smoke buildup is quite a lot due to the poor design of the throat of the oven. The opening to the chimney is a very small circle and the throat is lacking an indentation to better draw smoke. The andiamo 70 is simply the giardino 70 with a metal skin and wheels. The Primavera 70 is the same thing. They all have smoke issues. Performance-wise, it doesn't affect my pizzas. It is just incredibly annoying that not all the smoke comes out via the chimney.

The paint will fade. In my oven, it appears that Forno Bravo did a poor job of making sure the insulation was applied uniformly on the dome. As a result there is a hot spot on the rear right top of the oven. It can get up to 300F+ and on that spot the paint has faded due to the high temp. I also noticed that they did not paint the inside of the metal skin or coat it with anti-rust. During curing 2 years ago, a lot of water seeped out, which was normal, however the inner metal skin developed rusting. How do I now this? Because near the end of the curing stint, the water that was seeping out was rust colored. We have had a lot of rain in my part of the country these past couple years and I would do a mini-cure of the oven after dormant stints. The water that seeps out is always rust tainted. I don't see any outside indication of rust yet but I am afraid significant rust may have developed inside.

I have learned how to use, as have many others, the oven to create "proper" Neapolitan pies. However, if I were to buy another oven, it would not be a Forno Bravo. It will likely be a Four Grande Mere or another brand.

Comment

Thanks for the honest feedback. This is very helpful.

Comment

You elude to the smoke issues out the Giardino... is that out the chimney only, or does it come out the mouth as well? What ways of design have you considered to deal with this issue?

Comment

Working...
                  X