Vent Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent Size

I new to the board and can't believe the amount of great info here. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. I am making plans (based on the FB Pompeii Oven V 2.0) to build a 36" oven. I have a few "beginner questions":
    1. How deep does the opening "tunnel" need to be?
    2. I plan to use a clay flue liner for my chimney. How large of an opening do I need to make? Is 6" x 10" too large? Can I go smaller?
    3. How far away from the dome wall should the vent opening be?

Re: Vent Size

Originally posted by szv9n5 View Post
    I new to the board and can't believe the amount of great info here. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. I am making plans (based on the FB Pompeii Oven V 2.0) to build a 36" oven. I have a few "beginner questions":
    1. How deep does the opening "tunnel" need to be?
    2. I plan to use a clay flue liner for my chimney. How large of an opening do I need to make? Is 6" x 10" too large? Can I go smaller?
    3. How far away from the dome wall should the vent opening be?
    My oven entry is 15 inches deep (including the brick facade). The vent opening is 9 X 5 inches. I have an 8 inch clay tile flu. Many vent openings are a bit larger, but it works. HTH

Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X