Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace?

Has anyone ever fitted an FB fireplace with shelf supports on either side of the firebox, so that a (custom-made) iron grate could be slid in, over the coals, at a couple of different levels? Since the walls are straight, as opposed to angled as in some fireboxes, it would seem to be a possibility.

Re: Add a grill grate to a FB Fireplace?

Google Original Tuscan Grill........

Comment

Thanks, buckeye, I do have a Tuscan grill, but I find it to be a bit wobbly and the support system takes up a lot of space. My thought was to bolt some shelf supports into the firebrick in 3 positions, on either side. Say, 6, 9, and 12 inches above the firebox floor, then get a local welder to make me a grate out of cast iron (probably best to make 2 of them). Before I dive into this, I wanted to run it past some of the pros. Old Sunset how-to books from the 50's and sixties hint at such dual-purpose use of a fireplace.

Comment

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for your post and question. We do not recommend that you drill holes in your fireplace. Also, the FB outdoor fireplace is not designed to be cooked in.

Amber

Comment

This seems an easier solution

$86 at Amazon
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
          X