No announcement yet.

best way to place straps on a prima70?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to place straps on a prima70?

hi there,

i have a question about getting straps under a prima70. I've tried prying it up a little but just suceeded in chipping the base :-(. i am tryng to place some straps under it to lift it with an engine hoist onto an island.
    Any suggestions are welcome...

thanks

-will

Re: best way to place straps on a prima70?

Hi Will,

The best way I would suggest you do this is to place wedges under the oven and slip in the straps. Then when you place it on the island place it on the wedges remove the straps and then tap out the wedges. I hope this helps.

Amber

Comment

You can also lower it onto some ice cubes, remove the straps, then it will settle into place by itself as the ice melts.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

you should be able to pry it up just enough to get something under it without doing any damage by keeping the pry bar focused on the metal ring. That's what I did with mine to get the straps under it for the same exact operation! Just use something fairly 'sharp' for a pry bar to get under it.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't have the metal ring, and chipped a little off the areas I placed my pry bar, but got straps under the oven. Chips were cosmetic. I had the most trouble removing the Styrofoam pad used for shipping out from under the oven. It had totally adhered to the bottom. The Styrofoam was an unexpected glitch, but got the oven on its stand and built a tiny fire in it to start the curing process.

-Will

Comment

ah, I should have picked up on the fact that you didn't have the stand!

Glad you got it placed. Its a great little oven, I absolutely love mine. I envy those on this board who have done their own builds.....but its way beyond my ability, and this was the perfect solution for me.

Keep us up to date as you cure and get cooking. I've learned a lot through trial and error.

Comment

ya, when I move out to my little house on the prairie for retirement I might take the time to build one, but I don't have the time at this moment in my life...here is the oven placed on my out door kitchen.

So i have a hairline crack on the outside of the oven is that something to worry about...?...do you have any?

Comment

Looking at your photos, this type of hairline crack is something that can happen on occasion with brick ovens due to the expansion and contraction that results from thermal cycling. But it will not cause you any problems, either with how well your oven cooks or on its long-term durability. You can continue using your oven and not worry about this.

Please be sure to let us know if anything changes, and we hope you continue to enjoy using your oven!

Thank you
                Forno Bravo
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

of course....I think you aren't officially accepted into the wood fired club until you have at least one crack! Mine is at the top of the arch, which I suspect is a natural place for it to happen. No worries at all. Now the fun part....perfecting your pizza skills!

Comment

Working...
                  X