Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A base on a slab that is not level- how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A base on a slab that is not level- how to?

Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to rent a bull float, and I have someone to help me, so that if it looks like we are running out we can get more.

Yeah- I am in over my head, but I am getting lots of help, thanks to you all, the folks at Home Depot, and Galantinos Masonry Supply.

Do you have a few more detailed suggestions about how to make the middle of the form slightly higher than the edges? We will pour the form and then level it off with a 2 x 4, what then?

Comment

Re: A base on a slab that is not level- how to?

If I was building this oven - I would not pour any more concrete on the slab. It's going to be much too thin in spots and will likely crack and may separate from the slab below.

Instead, I would level when building the walls for the base - and leave a couple of small openings in the joints in the bottom course (rear) to drain in the even water gets in the wood storage area. In fact - if you wanted to - you could pour some leveling concrete inside the wood storage area once the base is built.

It is, of course, up to you - but I think you're more likely to have problems trying to add more concrete to the top of the slab.

Comment

Working...
      X