Doughy pizza help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughy pizza help

My Pizza is either doughy or you can taste the flour on the bottom. Need advice please. I make my own dough. I made calzones that were great But my pizza is just ok. Thanks.

Re: Doughy pizza help

The best one I have found is right here if the FB Website: I know it by heart. 500 grams 00 Flour; 325 grams water; 3 grams active dry yeast; 10 grams salt. I trained myself on HG flour to start.....less expensive and readily available. I also tried to portion it out once kneeded and before proofing. My Theory: The more you handle the dough, the tougher it becomes. I founf that it works better to proof as one batch, then portion out and chill or freeze. Let it come to room temperature before you work it to size.

Comment

BTW: I'm training myself on a residential oven using a FB Pizza Stone. Other stones at that temperature will last about 30 days.....if your lucky. I pick up my overn at FB on Friday. I am STOKED!

Comment

My current favorite is Jim Lahey's no-knead recipe, readily available online. Or get his book My Pizza-has some great recipes to go with the crust recipe (his homemade sausage and Leek is an amazing pie). I use a type 00 flour with his recipe and have had great results. You need to plan ahead: it requires about 18 hours to rise.

Comment

Working...
        X