Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing which Forno Bravo oven

Hi All,

I'm new to the site. Can someone tell me how hot each of the ovens gets? Does it matter in terms of quality whether you're at 700 degrees Fahrenheit or 1000?
    I'm from NY and have had some great pizza here but the best I've had was in Atlanta at Antico Pizza. I spoke to the owner there and he said his oven was at 1000. I timed it and his pizza came out in 35 seconds. Not sure if its possible to get it that hot using a residential oven but I'd sure like to try.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Choosing which Forno Bravo oven

Hey Rob.....Did you ever get any clarification on your question about temperature? When I read your post about Antico I thought for a moment I had posted it. I am also from NY and have been to Antico, he has the best pizza that I have EVER tasted.

I am also about to embark on building my own oven and would also like to know if some are hotter than others.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Comment

Re: Choosing which Forno Bravo oven

Forno bravos are designed to be a great value for the home pizzola because they allow u the flexability to cook neopolitan pizza as well as other lower temp style pizzas plus bread ,steak, roasts, you name it, it can do it.They can hit that that temp probably but they"re not designed to maintain that kind of temprature while cooking 100 pizzas per hour.Anticos ovens are neapolitan style ovens and they are desiged to cook pretty much one style of pizza.The big difference is they have lower domes as well as lower and narrower door(which means no roast pan will fit through the door).A big difference is the fact they have much more thermal mass which allows them to maintan those temps but makes for a long time to warm up to temp even if you just want one pizza but once its hot its hot and ready to rock all evening , so that could be a problem at home.Did I mention the neo style ovens look soooo sexy but some of those ovens cost 25000 more than a Forno Bravo resi oven.Just depends what works best for you.My granddaddy use to say"Boy don't worry about the arrow its the indian you need to worry about".The pizzolas at Anticios could cook a killer pizza in a burning dog house.So you see when you take all this into account you if your a thinking man you have no choice but to buy both.Forno Bravos a everyday multitasking workhorse around the house and the neapolitan is the sexy Italian you take out on saturday night when you only got one thing on your mind.

Comment

Working...
      X