Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started - Italiano Forni Build

Hi Guys,

I have finally started the build for a stand for my dome cast oven.

I have used the plans by Horrocks007
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/m...ans-15465.html

And gone down the route of building a wooden stand so a big thanks for Horrocks007 and the guys on the thread with providing support.

I had started to build my stand a couple of days ago and nearly finished it yesterday evening (couple of more joists to add on top and bottom).

I still need to add the paving slabs on top and then start the base for the oven.

I chose to go with 4x4 fence posts for the legs and after the advise from the above thread I was going to use 6x6, but could not source any locally.

Instead of the 4 posts I then decided to go for 6 by providing 2 extra posts in the centre. The rest of the frame was made by 6x2's.

The stand itself seems to be solid and as a test three average men stood on top without any movement....

Re: Getting Started - Italiano Forni Build

By the way does anybody own an Italiano Forni Pizza Oven who could forward me some instructions on the build?

I bought the oven from eBay and tried getting the installation instructions from the Manufacturers website without any joy.

I managed to send him an email and call him, but he seems to be not interested and not willing to send me the instructions he provides at time of sale. His reasoning was something to do with people copying his design so he does not send anything out??

Not a very helpful man so lets hope the oven is better than the after sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm-X View Post
      The stand itself seems to be solid and as a test three average men stood on top without any movement....
      Did they stand there for many years to see what movement will occur in the timber frame?
      Didnt think so......

You need to add some sort of cross bracing to stop the whole thing from racking.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

By the way does anybody own an Italiano Forni Pizza Oven who could forward me some instructions on the build?

I think you are on the wrong website.....

Edit:-

Just googled the oven, what a waste of money, the flue is in the middle of the oven roof......bahahahaha.......all the heat will just escape up the flue......
        Last edited by brickie in oz; 05-03-2013, 02:43 AM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I understand it's not a Forno Bravo kit, but I assumed this was a forum where I could get support regardless.

The flue is towards the front on mine, but I agree it isn't as good as some other designs, but the budget I had restricted what I could get and to be honest with what I paid I wont be expecting too much from it.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
            Did they stand there for many years to see what movement will occur in the timber frame?
            Didnt think so......

You need to add some sort of cross bracing to stop the whole thing from racking.
            What would you suggest brickie, top to bottom corners or all on either top or bottom?

I was planning on adding some concrete blocks under the stand as extra support, but not physically mounting them to the stand.

The idea is to have the stand for about 3 years max and then move the oven to a more permanent area after an out house gets built in my garden.
            Last edited by Malcolm-X; 05-03-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

What would you suggest brickie, top to bottom corners or all on either top or bottom?

I was planning on adding some concrete blocks under the stand as extra support, but not physically mounting them to the stand.

The idea is to have the stand for about 3 years max and then move the oven to a more permanent area after an out house gets built in my garden.
              Top to bottom diagonal bracing would really help.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks Brickie,

I will add the bracing tonight

Comment

You could build a much better one yourself for a little bit more.
                  Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                  John Ruskin

Comment

How's it going? Looking forward to seeing your results!

Too bad the flue is on the ceiling. You think you could seal it off with high heat mortar and put a new one in the front? Would make your oven a LOT better.

Comment

Working...
                    X