Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa2G or Premio2G

Hi All,

I have finally decided to go with the modular Forno but need help with making a decision on which Forno. I?ve been looking at the Casa2G100 and Premio2G100.

I?ve read what the differences are between the two but like to hear from all of you.
    (for example: how well does the Casa2g retain its heat etc.)

I plan on mainly making pizza's and occasionally bread. May even cook other stuff in there. (Turkey, wings etc.)

Any responses would be greatly appreciated, if there is a discussion regarding this please let me know.

This forum is great and very well run!!

Thanks
    Peter

Re: Casa2G or Premio2G

I am trying to make the exact same decision. Any opinions??
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by paltobelli View Post
      Hi All,

I have finally decided to go with the modular Forno but need help with making a decision on which Forno. I?ve been looking at the Casa2G100 and Premio2G100.
      I believe the difference is just the size options (and a couple of adders). They both will perform very well. Call FB and let them know your intent. If it was my wallet (and I didn't want to build from scratch), I would go with the Casa...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I helped install a Casa 2G90 a couple of years ago and was really impressed with how well it went together and how soon we were using it. I've done pizza, bread, ribs, whole chickens, steaks (Tuscan grill), lobster, shrimp, ...well basically everything we wanted to cook. My only comments are that the oven really heats up fast and retains heat extremely well. In fact, I really have to watch food closely because with the "lower ceilings" of a pizza oven and the heat retention, I can really put some char on almost anything if I pay too much attention to my beer...

I suspect (as Les stated earlier in this thread) you'll be happy with either of the ovens. If I was going to make the choice, I'd go with the Premio 2G simply because I like the insulated door and more mass/insulation to retain heat. Makes it more feasible to have pizza at night and make bread the next day... From what I've learned having built my own 39" oven and having weekly bakes with the neighbors and my friends...you are really going to enjoy having the expanded capabilities of the higher end oven and even though it's more expensive...unless you're going to build from scratch, I think the Premio is worth its price.
        Last edited by SableSprings; 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM.
        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks for the replies,

My first choice was to actually build the Pompeii Forno but do to time constraints I'm leaning towards either of the Casa2g and Premio2g. (more Premio2g) i know that the Premio2G has more mass (1 inch extra) but if i was to go with the Casa2g and buy extra Ceramic Blanket etc. would that make it perform more like the Premio2g? other then the insulated door.(i do like the insulated door that comes with the Premio2G.)

i'm currently in the process of building the stand now, it will be large enough to support either modular forno.

thanks again
          Peter

Comment

I'm going through the same decision process. 36" or 40" Casa2G or 40" Premio? The 36" casa will probably meets my requirements, but the thought of its superior insulation and door has me leaning toward the 40" Premio. I don't mind spending little more in the near term for a superior product over time. My only question is how much longer will it take to heat the Premio, and how much more wood will I burn over the course of a year. Anyone care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Croc27 View Post
              I'm going through the same decision process. 36" or 40" Casa2G or 40" Premio? The 36" casa will probably meets my requirements, but the thought of its superior insulation and door has me leaning toward the 40" Premio. I don't mind spending little more in the near term for a superior product over time. My only question is how much longer will it take to heat the Premio, and how much more wood will I burn over the course of a year. Anyone care to comment?
              According to the spec sheet they claim that the heat up difference is around 10 minutes more for the Premio 40 vs Casa 40.
              I'm thinking it may be long then that.

Comment

I will begin a build in November and I too am trying to make a decision on which oven. Forno Bravo charges almost a $300.00 premium for their shipping vs. other west coast modulars. Would love to hear some good comments on the Premio 2g.

Comment

Originally posted by jacknelson View Post
                  I will begin a build in November and I too am trying to make a decision on which oven. Forno Bravo charges almost a $300.00 premium for their shipping vs. other west coast modulars. Would love to hear some good comments on the Premio 2g.
                  The shipping cost of the Premio tends to be higher than competitor ovens due to the thickness of the dome and the fact that we provide more items with the oven kits than other competitors. More insulation, mortar, stove pipe, etc. This adds weight and therefore cost. Essentially, you get more with the oven than most other kits.

With that said, freight prices can fluctuate and we encourage customers to call in for a real time quote on ovens. The Fast Quote feature is a "worst case" price and we may be able to save money depending on the situation. We also encourage customers to shop their own freight if that makes sense for them.

We don't want to prejudice your decision as you engage forum members, but did want to clarify on the shipping costs.

Forno Bravo

Comment

Working...
                  X