Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Have my Toscana 80 coming soon. (so excited) but want to have all my bases covered prior to its final destination.

1) How do you remove the oven from the pallet. seems that it fits right tight, and getting underneath may be a problem.

2) Have a crane company lifting the oven in, so now I have to get the straps OUT. As if getting them under was hard enough, now have to get them out.

3) I am planning on building a 3 inch x 3 inch x 3/16 inch angle iron frame. Is this going to hold the oven(1400lbs). Will I have to have support in the middle of this frame, or do I have to pour a cement hearth on the top of this frame.

Please.....any answers would be greatly appreciated

Re: Help!

One technique I have seen for getting the straps out, which I thought was pretty clever, was to let the oven down on blocks of ice. Remove the straps and let the oven come to rest as the ice melts. There is a thread out here somewhere with pictures of what I am talking about. I don't remember the details but you could find it pretty easy if you look around for awhile. Maybe somebody else remembers the author...or has an even better idea.

Good Luck,
    AT

Comment

Here's the link to that thread;

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...hen-19326.html

Comment

austinmc,

what are you planning to do with the insulation underneath the oven? I think that oven ships with 2" of Ceramic Board? The board needs to be supported on something and then the oven sits on the insulation board. I think?

Comment

thanks for that....really appreciate it...cheers

Comment

That's is what I need to know.....I am hoping that when the stand is built(using 3inchx3inch angle , the oven will be sitting on a flat angle iron. Does the middle have to be supported, or should I run a few more pieces of angle iron in the middle space. stand is 46 inch x 54inch. What if I space the top part of stand 13.5inch( braces separated)....

Comment

The oven needs to be supported across the whole oven, not just on angle iron on the extremities.
              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Was thinking of running a couple of straps thru the middle part. I have seen other pictures with the cinder block stand (square shape) with no middle support. Is it really needed.

Comment

Working...
                X