Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alumina Silicate OR Ceramic Fibre Board

Hi Guys,

I have only just realised that when people talk about insulation boards their seems to be two types. ASB & CFB
    I'm a little confused as to the differences of these boards and I am now panicking that I have ordered the wrong stuff. Ceramic FB
    Can anyone shed a light on the matter.

Are they the same thing.?
    Is one better than the other?
    Will they both support the oven weight?

The boards I have ordered are approx. 23kgs each, is this normal? I thought they were supposed to be lightweight and easy to cut?

I tried to search the internet for information but was confused by all the jargon so an explanation in laymans terms would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

paul
    Last edited by yorkshireknight; 06-18-2013, 03:21 AM.

Re: Alumina Silicate OR Ceramic Fibre Board

Six one way half a dozen another. What thickness you order. I personally have ceramic FB, totally happy with it. Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Hi Laurentious,

Thanks for replying, after reading various threads I was worried I'd ordered the wrong stuff, it is 50mm thick by 1000 x 1200 and the board weighs in apparently at 23 kg, I thought this was rather heavy as I told my courier it would weigh about 10kg (it was a conservative guess) and I don't think they are happy with my miscalculation.
      I ordered it from a company in the UK and to be delivered to an address in the UK where it will be collected from by a English guy who will then deliver it here in Bulgaria.
      Long winded but the company wanted over ?200 to have it delivered direct.

How heavy was your board?
      Many Thanks for the reassurance

Paul
      PS Like your oven by the way particulary the extra width you gave it.

Comment

Hi Mr Yorkshire Terrier,

The board in not that heavy, I think the bulk of the weight will be in the packing, it somewhat of a high priced item and the company would rather over pack than bite the bullet for damaged goods plus the time involved in doing it again. Don't worry about the courier, be assured, you will pay for it. Thanks, my family and friends seems to enjoy it as much as I do. Good luck with your endeavor, there are many good people here, myself excluded, but I do try.

Comment

Yeah too right I will pay for it in the end, but I see your point about the packing the company would ensure. I shall have to wait until I receive it but 23kg (50LBs) even with packing sounds a lot to me.
          Cheers L

Comment

Working...
          X