Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of oven can I build with these bricks

Hi All, I'm brand new to your forum.
    It has been decided that the family summer house at Phillip Island needs a pizza oven and I'm in charge of the construction. Who else would you get to do it but the bloke who is Gluten intolerant!!!
    I managed to get hold of about new 160 tapered fire bricks from a bloke near by today. They are 230mm long X 115mm wide and taper from 65mm to45mm and the services of a real brickie to help. I have up in in Melbourne a pile of about 11000 old reds still covered with mortar I can use some of them for a base. When the family is there we have until now used two of those electric pizza cookers to feed the 18 or more mouths. But now we are faced with wedding of a life time next March and has been decided that a next day feast to cater for probably about 100 mouths must be around cooking pizzas. So I reckon an oven about 1metre inside could serve our needs. I have spent hours looking at the FB Ebook and find myself confused. i am sure if I build the base the brickie could build the main structure of the oven over a weekend interspersed with a bit of surfing, bike riding and consumption of occasional cup of fresh coffee and completing the night with a few cold ales. Just need some advise on size of base and some meaningful instructions I can share with the brickie. I have ( I hope) attached a pic of a brick

Re: What sort of oven can I build with these bricks

1 meter internal oven would be a base of:
    gotta use inches though then you can convert.
    say 40" + 9" dome+ 9" insulation + 8" cover(depends) = 66" minimum wide and then 66" + 12" vent + 10"(?) landing is 88" deep. It really depends on your oven style and finish. That is a guess at this point. You got superman for a brickie if he can lay a dome in a weekend. So 66" x 88" is 168cm x 223cm

HTH
    Texman
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

yes I'd like to see someone build an oven in a weekend! That would make a good time lapse video!

Agree with texman on the base - take everything into account. I made my base too small and it was a PITA to correct it later!

Good luck! You are in the right place!

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...nia-19283.html

Comment

Hey thankyou for your dimensions I was thinking that I need about the same size. I think I will be able to start the footing in the coming week have lots of family ideas for an "open fire" they can sit around beside the oven. It just gets better; oh boy am I in for some fun and games

Comment

Working...
        X