..hard to explain..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..hard to explain..

..I'm very serious about what I'm trying to do..I know there are thousands of dome ovens out there and have been for hundreds of years..it's kind of hard to expain what I'm gonna try and accomplish..I've worked in a bakery..the oven I'm gonna build is based on the one we used there that was gas fired..mine will be wood fired..I'm designing as I go..I have posted pictures in the hearth and base forum..I'm going kind of slow..because of lack of time..and money..I'm not being a wise guy but some people on this site seem to have unlimited budgets..I'm looking foward to peoples opinions once I get further along with my build..

Re: ..hard to explain..

Gudday
    Is it to be a white oven, fire external to the oven or fire in the oven space a black oven like the forno design ?
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Your base and stand look great!! When you talked about budget I thought you meant you were going to build a mud oven on the ground!

Brick is really not that expensive - especially if you can find used brick. Many of us on this forum have way more "money" in our ovens in terms of our own labor than in materials.

Good luck and please post more pictures as you go!

Comment

..that's the first time of heard the terms..white oven and black oven..mine will be a white oven..I'm with you on the facts about "money" as in time spent..but I had 15 bags of concrete in the footings alone..around here ready mix is $5 a bag..I've been collecting brick, which I've had to bust old mortar off of..(there's that time thing again).. block is not as easy to find..there's 2 1/2 tons of rock in the center..oh well..

Comment

Its pointless posting pics other than in the thread you are talking in?

Post the pics here so we can view them with out having to hunt for them.....
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Here here I resemble that comment. read something just the other day on white and black ovens
            Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
            X