how do i know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i know

How do I know when my oven is fully cured I have been having fires between 4 and 8 hours for the last week and when it is cured how long should it hold what temps for

Re: how do i know

Gudday jack
    With an interesting mixture like that to put it simply I don't know. You'll probably have to find out yourself as that mix is a bit unique.
    Can I suggest that you keep to one thread so it will make easy to follow. You'll find that anyone that has answered or tagged will be notified.
    If you can post a pic that would be great. A picture says a thousand words they say
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Here is one more "I don't know".

One thing for sure, moisture in your oven does not stay the same. I burned my oven the other day just to let the moisture stabilize in the "dry" range. It did not get to temperature and cooled more quickly than normal (for my oven). That means I have not used it often enough and must burn some more wood to get the moisture level so the oven is predictable in its performance.

You will have to use your oven enough that you can monitor what normal for it is. All that said, top performance for my oven is about 450 F 24 hours after pizza and it loses about 5 degrees per hour after that. HTH
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Got it up to 1400f last night at 5 oclock as the flames died to just coals the temp was 1250f by 730 this morn the temp was 250f I use a probe thermometer the morning temp was the best I have had so hopefully it'd drying out more and will start holding higher temps longer

Comment

Sounds like it is pretty dry to me. What kind of door do you have? The insulated door makes a difference in holding the heat for a few days of cooking, after pizza.
          Lee B.
          DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Its a 1/4 inch steel with an inch of insulation on which i am going to change to 2 inch this weekend after a pizza party

Comment

Working...
            X