X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inspiration to build

Re: inspiration to build

Hey Scratched,

Saw you other post as well abt the double vs single wall. Here is a link that shows some of the best documented WFOs on the forum.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html

Also start by downloading the free Forno Bravo pompeli plans as a good baseline to start you journey.

Hummm, old means "experienced" in my book plus you can cook too. Good luck and be sure to ask lots of questions on this forum. Most everyone is here to help.

Double wall vs single wall - inside oven or outside oven, going through a roof or not. Lots of variables, double is certainly more costly than single. SS is best, no galvanize, and black will eventually rust out. Some have used clay liners as well.
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 12-02-2013, 04:00 PM.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
      Hey Scratched,

Saw you other post as well abt the double vs single wall. Here is a link that shows some of the best documented WFOs on the forum.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html

EXCELLENT THX...

Also start by downloading the free Forno Bravo pompeli plans as a good baseline to start you journey.

DID THIS...

Hummm, old means "experienced" in my book plus you can cook too. …= OK TO BE GRUMPY…...Good luck and be sure to ask lots of questions on this forum. Most everyone is here to help.

Double wall vs single wall - inside oven or outside oven, going through a roof or not. Lots of variables, double is certainly more costly than single. SS is best, no galvanize, and black will eventually rust out. Some have used clay liners as well.
      ….STILL HAVE NO IDEA HERE…IF IT THE POMPEII PLANS ITS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD???
      Yes,... did as you suggested. Excellent site. The picture above is a new restaurant in Charleston with 3 imported Acunto ovens. Me on vacation. This oven "tour" put me over the top to start.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchedup View Post
        Yes,... did as you suggested. Excellent site. The picture above is a new restaurant in Charleston with 3 imported Acunto ovens. Me on vacation. This oven "tour" put me over the top to start.
        Where is that? I working in Charleston and only live 1 hour north. I went to a place on King St that claimed Neapolitan pizza, but it was a bust.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

I found it.

Did you eat there? If so, what did you think?
          Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

give me a sec. I tell the story

Comment

I live in Atlanta (Actually burbs?). This IMO may be the best pizza in Atlanta. They have 3 ovens from Italy.
              Antico Pizza - Pizza Tradizionale di Napoli - The Atlanta GA Market

Fast forward?we are in Charleston vacationing a few weeks ago and in the search for cool places to eat we found this place-
              Desano Pizza Bakery : Eater Charleston.

As we walked in we observed it was mostly identical the the Atlanta pizzera. Upon inquiry we were told that the folks that started Desanos had "found" Antico Pizza in Atlanta and were thrilled and impressed with the concept and copied it.

They use 00 flour and claim that all ingredients are from Italy. They have 3 ovens that they have named made by Acunto-
              Acunto Napoli - Acunto Napoli?s ovens, for traditional pizza of Naples.

Restaurant is a little odd but great pizza. A highlight for me was the oven pizza guy gave me an in-depth tour of the ovens and functionality.

Comment

This is part 1-

Part 2
                The stone deck and pizza oven will sit above this.

Comment

I live in Atlanta (Actually burbs?). This IMO may be the best pizza in Atlanta. They have 3 ovens from Italy.
                  Antico Pizza - Pizza Tradizionale di Napoli - The Atlanta GA Market

Fast forward?we are in Charleston vacationing a few weeks ago and in the search for cool places to eat we found this place-
                  Desano Pizza Bakery : Eater Charleston.

As we walked in we observed it was mostly identical the the Atlanta pizzera. Upon inquiry we were told that the folks that started Desanos had "found" Antico Pizza in Atlanta and were thrilled and impressed with the concept and copied it.

They use 00 flour and claim that all ingredients are from Italy. They have 3 ovens that they have named made by Acunto-
                  Acunto Napoli - Acunto Napoli?s ovens, for traditional pizza of Naples.

Restaurant is a little odd but great pizza. A highlight for me was the oven pizza guy gave me an in-depth tour of the ovens and functionality.
                  I am familiar with Antico, but I have never eaten there. One of my brothers is in Atlanta, so it's on the list.

I'll have to check out Desanos next time I'm in Chucktown.
                  Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

This is part 1-

Part 2
                    The stone deck and pizza oven will sit above this.
                    Nice feature!
                    Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                      I am familiar with Antico, but I have never eaten there. One of my brothers is in Atlanta, so it's on the list.

I'll have to check out Desanos next time I'm in Chucktown.
                      Its a little quirky…. They tried to make the outside look "casual"…but really its pretty ugly painted cinder block….but so be it… Open only a few months. The location is a little sketchy …way up on north side of downtown just south of the Raviee bridge.

They are both on the "eating in the kitchen on picnic tables" concept… go and get an oven tour. The cook guy is a Citadel graduate.
                      Last edited by scratchedup; 12-03-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Shady now but tons of money is being poured into the buildings on King and Meeting. It should be a better spot in a few years.
                        Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Yes I like the area. Ordinary sitting at bar is a must and the Warehouse just opened looks interesting. + for food stuff Ted's Butcher Block.

But generally I can't stand most restaurants so we rent a place with a kitchen….

This is deckel from Ted's Bucher Block.

Last edited by scratchedup; 12-03-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X