Oven stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven stand

I am ready to start building for my oven, and I usually can find the answers reading this awesome site, but now I'm stumped and can't find any threads to answer my questions, so I was hoping someone could help.
    Starting with my stand for my 36 inch oven, got the base poured 70x80 and I purchased the 8x8x16 blocks to start on the stand. My question is...

1. None of the blocks seem to be the same size, if I dry fit each block and shape my stand, pour cement with rebar, within the blocks to secure it, does it matter if it's level since the hearth is going to be poured flat and level?

2. I have all the rebar I need from my brother-in-law, but it's 3/8 not 1/2 inch. If I place this close, like 4-6 inches, would it be suffice?

Thank you.

Re: Oven stand

You'll be fine with the block. Just get them as square, level and plumb as you can. You are right, it can be leveled up w/the forms when you pour your hearth slab. It's important to get it done then, though. Starting w/a nice, flat and level slab makes life easier. As for the rebar, it's fine to use. No need to place it that close, though. Even approx. one foot centers is fine. I actually prefer 3/8" rebar when pouring slabs that are 3 1/2 to 4 inches thick, which I am assuming you are. Either works fine, but there is no need to use 1/2", especially since you have access to the 3/8".
    Last edited by NCMan; 06-20-2014, 04:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    My Build:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply NCMan! Yes, I'm going to place a 4 inch slab and then use Foamglass with vermiculite as insulate. I think 3.5 inches would be fine. Thanks again!

Comment

You're welcome. Good luck w/your build.
        My Build:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Working...
        X