what to use under anchor plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to use under anchor plate

Do I need to put any type of high temp. caulk between anchor plate and bricks for the chimney tube? Do I need to warp the chimney tube with blanket?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ceeyahd1; 08-08-2014, 10:41 AM.

Re: what to use under anchor plate

I used some high temp caulk under my anchor plate, simply to avoid 'smoke leakage.' Honestly I am not sure that it is even necessary.

I didn't wrap any of my chimney and I don't see the need for it. You are going to lose heat out of the chimney - blanket won't help with that!

Comment

Originally posted by ceeyahd1 View Post
      Do I need to put any type of high temp. caulk between anchor plate and bricks for the chimney tube? Do I need to warp the chimney tube with blanket?

Thanks.
      I would recommend high temp caulk when attaching the base plate to the brick. I remember the plate warping a bit the first time I brought it up to temp. If your using double walled pipe, I wouldn't see why you would need to wrap it.
      Chris

Link to my photo album:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Nah I bought it but decided not to use it. Mine is simply dynabokted to flue vent and capping bricks cemented in place to make it look pretty. No smoke leakage what so ever

Wrapping chimney I wouldn't unless there is a specific reason you want to.
        Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-08-2014, 05:24 PM.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
          Nah I bought it but decided not to use it. Mine is simply dynabokted to flue vent and capping bricks cemented in place to make it look pretty. No smoke leakage what so ever

Wrapping chimney I wouldn't unless there is a specific reason you want to.
          Are your dynabolts stainless? I don't like the use of steel subject to corrosion.And the bottom part of the flue will get pretty hot. A standard dynabolt won't be around for too many years in this position I'd wager.
          Last edited by david s; 08-21-2014, 01:40 PM.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
          X