Insulation panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation panels

I went to lay out my insulation material that came with my Premio 2G 110 kit. Its a 3" board, but as you can see, the precut panels all line up with the same thickness except for 1 piece. Its roughly 1/2" lower than the other pieces. Even though I know the next step would involve troweling a fine layer of sand (3/8th inch thick), Im concerned that this is too great of a gap and that it would be a bad idea to proceed without input from the forum members and from Forno Bravo as well.
    Thought, comments, suggestions??
    Last edited by Eastside3; 09-21-2014, 07:41 AM.

Re: Insulation panels

hmmm - that seems to me like an unusually large difference. My boards were so close in thickness that I didn't use any sand at all - just laid the brick straight on the board. Have you checked with FB? Can you 'shave' the board? Or even better, put a thin layer of something UNDERNEATH the thinner board?

Comment

Re: Insulation panels

I suspect that FB just cuts out lots and lots of these puzzle pieces. The boards vary between the 5 that I got. After some thought, I took the liberty of measuring the height difference and applying quickset mortar to my hearth slab to build it up. i managed to get it close enough, perhaps within 1/8th of an inch. Now any further leveling can take place when I use the 50/50 sand/fireclay to set my oven floor on.
      I am glad to hear you say that you thought the difference in height was concerning. Atleast we know I'm not crazy.

Comment

Working...
      X