Insulation thickness under bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation thickness under bricks

This subject has has probably been done to death but i can't find any threads on it.

I wanted to know how crucial the insulation thickness is under the floor bricks - 2" seems quite thick - does this depend on the insulation type - for example could you get a better quality insulation and then only use 1" thick FB board?

Re: Insulation thickness under bricks

Hi Zimbo,
    Insulation is extremely important for heat retention and performance.

Most of our residential ovens come equipped with 2" insulation underneath the cooking floor.

Some customers may substitute with vermiculite which is acceptable.

We cannot stress enough how important it is to have insulation support around and underneath the oven.

If not used, your oven will not retain heat and its performance will be affected.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We're more than happy to help you.

We can reached @ 800-407-5119 Mon-Fri, 8a-430p PST.

Comment

I put 4 inch of vermicrete under mine wouldn't want any less than that if your just using vermi. Don't skimp on the insulation you'll regret it later!!

Keith
      my build,
      http://ukwoodfiredovenforum.proboards.com/thread/1209

my door,
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f17/...oor-21345.html

Comment

Originally posted by kstronach View Post
        I put 4 inch of vermicrete under mine wouldn't want any less than that if your just using vermi. Don't skimp on the insulation you'll regret it later!!

Keith
        Agree totally - especially under the floor, you can't fix it later.

Comment

Thanks Guys - I've used a concrete base so i'll definitely put 3 - 4" of fibre board under my brick floor.

I'm in Perth Western Australia - does anyone know where I can get insulation this thickness or do need to use 3 - 4 sheets of 1" thickness stacked?

My brick dome will need to be supported on this insulation so i guess it needs to be quite solid?

Thanks again for your assistance

Zimbo

Comment

Working...
          X