To Worry or Not To Worry???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Worry or Not To Worry???

I?m not sure if I?m being an uber cautious/worried newbie WFO owner or have legit reason for concern.

Cured my ovens last week. Followed instructions to a T. Took the whole week off to give it lots of time with low fires. Fired it up last Saturday (Day 6). Worked great. Covered the oven late Sunday night to keep dry from very minimal rain we ended up getting early in the week. Inspected the oven several times throughout the week and saw nothing amiss. Checked it out tonight in anticipation of using it tomorrow and saw the pics attached.

Pics show exterior dome. White line appears to be a super large crack but is not. Pics make it looks ridged or 3D when in fact they aren?t. No crack whatsoever as far as I can tell in the 2 mins I had to check it.

I?ve emailed FB for their thoughts. Curious if others have seen similar fading/lines of stucco on exterior dome? Pics show other parts of stucco have white areas to it and I can kind of rub away with finger. Smaller/similar lines like the ones in pics also can be rubbed away. But this one shown in two pics is much larger.

Crack to be? Cause for concern? Or nothing to see here and carry on?

Here's hoping it's nothing and this thread helps someone in future!

I?m planning on using it tomorrow night.

TIA!

Re: To Worry or Not To Worry???

We spoke with the customer and went over everything, but wanted to post to the community.

This occurred because when the water sealant was applied to the marble base coat, enough time wasn't given for it to dry before painting the oven's first coat. This resulted in the paint not binding and why you see the color return to a "marble" like finish which is the base coat.

To fix this, you would have to sand the oven in that spot, clean surface, reseal with a sealkrete water proofer, allow to dry a minimum 30 minutes, paint first coat, allow to dry one day, then glaze the oven.

We have a video on this you can view on our You Tube channel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dx6BN_cnew

This is purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the performance of the oven. Though sealing it again would be important.

FB Production

Comment

Working...
    X