Right person for the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right person for the job

We are building our dream house and of course, are building a pizza oven--another dream come true. However, we cannot build it ourselves and need some advice finding the right person. I have asked my builder for some help finding a mason. Is there something specific I need to ask for in this person? We will be buying a Casa 2G model and need this built in, under our outdoor kitchen canopy (do you y'all buy the modular kits from Forno Bravo? The more I read, the more it sounds like you are buying components and building from scratch). Anyways, I don't want to buy the kit and have it ruined by someone or have a hack job done. We are extremely excited about making our own neopolitan pizzas! Your advice is greatly appreciated! Many thanks

Re: Right person for the job

Make sure your builder follows the advise of Forno Bravo. Many so called oven installers have not used insulation under or over the ovens they build because they are working from an old playbook.

Here are a few things I would ask of a contractor.

How many ovens has he/she installed.
    Reference list of at least 4 installs and be sure to call those references and maybe visit their ovens,
    Ask the leading question. What type of insulation will you use?
    how much under the floor?
    How much over and around the dome?
    Have you done cast ovens before?
    What type of foundation are you putting under my oven?
    How will you finish it? Or if you have design plans make sure they know the technique you require.

Take notes and bounce the answers off this group.

Maybe someone from TX knows a good installer and will give you a name or two.

BTW TX is quite large, if you want a recommendation on a builder you may want to disclose your city.

Looking at the Forno bravo web site "Shop" tab I see there are 6 dealers in TX

Call them and see if they can help.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 05-26-2015, 04:21 PM. Reason: Looked up dealers
    Chip

Comment

Re: Right person for the job

Thank you for the information. We are in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. And you are right, Texas is huge!

We are so excited to have the house complete and just enjoy the backward and oven. I'm an avid home cook so this has always been one of my dreams to have in my home. I'm not sure I will be able to find someone who has built pizza ovens before. My builder has built tons of homes but has admitted to never installing one of these. I just hope I find someone competent enough to read the instructions and seek help from FB customer service.

Comment

Working...
      X