Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Oven

Hi

I was thinking of building an oven from scratch into the massive chimney stack in the kitchen. Most of the ovens here seem to have been built outside.

Is the pompeii (or other scratch built brick oven) suitable for building in and connecting to a flue liner or should i be looking at pre-cast model.

Any links to someone who has done a scratch built inside?

many thanks

indoor brick oven

Hi Tony,

Here's one. It's a Breadbuilder's oven on the far side of a great room. Not a great oven per se (you can read my experience using the Breadbuilders oven elsewhere), but the idea of an indoor brick oven is great. We're in NorCal, and use the oven in winter and transitional seasons. It's a nice (though somewhat small) fireplace as well.

Internal installation is not that difficult. We used a block stand and a metal stud and concrete board enclosure with stucco. The main issues are weight (we made sure the oven was well supported) and the chimney. You can check with your local building department on what they will accept.

I am attaching a couple of photos. And Robert, I know what you are thinking, and no, the tatoos are not mine.

Think about it, it could be a lot of fun.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
    X