Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!2,100 bricks cheap Hurry!!!!!!

Bricks are in Corona,CA
    Came across this just now. 8:10pm in CA 12hrs 32min left to bid.

eBay: Red distressed bricks. approx 3700 in lot. (item 180136200228 end time Jul-08-07 08:32:04 PDT)
    http://www.palmisanoconcrete.com

Re: !!!!2,100 bricks cheap Hurry!!!!!!

Wow... easy come, easy go. The listing has been pulled (0850 PacTime). But there may have been a reason; who knows?

"This listing (180136200228) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
    If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay."

Comment

Bummer---

Hey if the auction ended naturally would it still say that? I don't think so hu? In his original description he said the auction was shut down once by ebay already and this was the second listing who knows...
      If you were interested and didn't get to see the bricks they were manufactured used (standard home depot) that had been set in sand for a patio NO MORTAR anywhere on the bricks. I just thought Id mention that in case you are interested in them only to find out they are bricks you wouldn't like.

Comment

I've seen this kind of message before, but usually when there is something suspicious about the auction or the seller that causes eBay to pull the listing or unregister the seller. This is not the kind of message for a normally-closed auction. Who knows what's going on there.

All I know is that previously-owned brick seems fairly easy to come by... but mostly for other people. There was a house in my neighborhood that had a pallet full of brick sitting in their field for the past decade, maybe longer. Every time I saw it I thought I should ask if they wanted to get rid of it. A 'For Sale' sign appeared on the house one morning about a month ago and the pile of bricks mysteriously disappeared that afternoon. My plan was to ring their doorbell after I returned home from work.

My day will come some day, won't it?

Comment

You are preaching to the Choir on that one...I don't know how many times it took me to learn that lesson I missed so many good deals Now...I don't care what time it is I call, knock, leave a note...Hey whats the worst they can say? well actually I have run into a couple of.."get the $#% out of hears"..oh well..

You know if you are looking for cheap bricks check the masonry supply yards and ask for seconds or partials. Ive done a couple of really nice jobs out of 2 and 3 different brick colors. If you mix them up good and stay in the same color scheme it can be very nice.
          I'm currently doing this with used and left over "real clay" roof tiles for my house. Almost nobody is putting on real clay anymore out here its all concrete so these are sitting in roofing yards all over the place.

Comment

Is there a good place to order fire bricks online?

Comment

Welcome to the group.
              You can check places like e-bay or Craig's list but your best bet is to go to your local brick yard. Here is why, even if you get a REALLY good deal on the bricks shipping is gonna bring them right back down to what you would pay locally. Don't get me wrong there are deals out there but by the time you put the time and effort into is its a wash in MOST cases but not all. Gardendale ? I think we have another member in your area??? What state are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by BamaGirl View Post
                Is there a good place to order fire bricks online?
                Masonry products are really heavy, and often brittle. Firebricks go for $.70 to $1.20 apiece, and shipping them doesn't make sense below the truckload level. Look for a local brickyard, stoneyard, or in a smaller town, a lumberyard. Ask everywhere, and don't be intimidated. These guys can look tough, but most are happy to help, or at least get ahold of your money.
                My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

thanks for the reply. We have a brickyard close by and I am going to check them out. We have our foundation built and blocks laid and plan to lay the hearth this weekend. I just keep reading to find more information. I don't want to mess up and have to redo. This forum is great!!

Comment

Working...
                  X