Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-mixed refractory mortar

Hi,
    Can someone direct me to a supplier that carries pre-mixed refractory mortar, I live in Brooklyn, New York. Any supplier in the area, or even in New Jersey would be appreciated.
    Thanks Jean

Re: Pre-mixed refractory mortar

from the rumford site:

Brooklyn Mason Supply
    4100 Glenwood Road
    Brooklyn, N.Y. 11210
    718 859 6500 (fax 718 859 0989)
    conniebrix@aol.com

Bigger selection of the things you need:

Progressive Brick Co.
    190 Route 17 North (190 & Rte 17, south off I-80)
    Hasbrouck Hts, NJ 07604
    201 288 2121 (fax 201 288 3671) 800 875 BRIX
    progressivebrick@hotmail.com
    (Ask for Ron Burrows or John Soderman - huge inventory of Rumfords and chimney tops. Distributes throughout NY metro area.)

You'll be happier with the dry mix like heat-stop. Mixes easily, dries to a hard waterproof strong bond, cheaper. The pre-mixes are not as good.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

dmun,
      Thanks for the fast reply, I had already tried Bklyn Mason Supply and they had only some kind of mortar in pails(no good). So, I just went to the website u suggested and will e-mail Progressive Brick co, to make sure they have the heatstop 50, b4 I make the trip. Thanks, Progressive is only about 45 minutes from my address in Bklyn.
      Thanks again..Jean

Comment

Progressive Brick is great. They have red firebricks. They have heat-stop in 10 and fifty pound sizes. They have the full line of rumford and other superior clay products in stock. It's 45 minutes from me, too, (I'm in Union Co. NJ) and worth the trip.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

dmun,

John Soderman relied to my e-mail and they have everything in stock, I will most likely go this Saturday to pick up what I need, and I will probably get the fire bricks there too. Will keep you posted of progress.
          Thanks Jean

Comment

Working...
          X