Hello, Pizza (World)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Pizza (World)!

Ok, so I've been thinking about building an oven for a while now, but it looks like it may finally happen... just one question: has anyone tried building a combo oven/grill with the grill under a removable section of the vent floor and a firebox under the grill? Does it even sound doable, or does it make more sense to just build a separate grill? Probably the latter, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Cheers.

Re: Hello, Pizza (World)!

What I have used with success is called a Tuscan Grill. It sits in the oven over coals that you have dragged to the front.

J W

Comment

Hi JW, that sounds a lot more sensible...

Thanks.

Comment

I've used one of my weber grill cast iron grill plates and set it on bricks in the oven over coals - best grill marks I've ever had!

Comment

I have the above pictured Tuscan grill as well....SWEET!!!
          Don't get me wrong, I still use my Lynx gas grill extensively, the Tuscan grill gives you the option to utilize the coals in your oven after making pizza. (Utulize those BTUs)

RT

Comment

If you have a Weber ketttle BBQ, (or any open charcoal grill) you can shovel hot wood coals over from your brick oven, and do some nice real wood grilling there.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
            X